IEC-NE Class of 2016
Learn how you can become a top journey-person with the IEC-NE Apprenticeship program.
The IEC “Unlimited” Apprenticeship curriculum is:
- The BEST training available to “independent” apprentices.
- Currently taught at a state-of-the-art training facility by highly-committed and knowledgeable instructors who are hired annually by the IEC New England Apprenticeship Committee.
- Not subsidized by any state or other funding programs.
- Designed so that students are required to pass a math test and be certified in CPR in order to complete a given year of the program.
- Overseen by an active Apprenticeship Committee that determines policies and procedures.
- Concerned about your progress and advises your employer mid and end-term of your grades and absenteeism.
- A comprehensive four-year program that is reviewed and upgraded annually by the IEC National Apprenticeship & Training Committee.
- Approved nationally by the Office of Apprenticeship and Training (OA) and on the local level by the State Apprenticeship Agency (SAA) in CT.
- Reviewed by the American Council on Education and the recommended 37 college credits are awarded to apprentices completing four years of the IEC training curriculum.
- Based on 720 hours of classroom training and 8,000 hours on-the-job training.
- Offered by most of our chapters throughout the country allowing transferable credits.
- Open to students from other schools. Transfer students are welcome.
- If you are currently working for an electrical contractor, encourage your employer to join IEC New England if they are not already a member.
- Tell your employer you prefer to go to the IEC New England training program.
- Call IEC New England to learn who our member contractors are if you are looking for a top notch employer.
- Speak with our current and former students and hear for yourself about our quality program, they’ll tell you…”Training doesn’t get any better than this!”
Let’s get started!