IEC New England Class of 2017
Learn how you can become a top journey-person with the IEC-NE Apprenticeship program.
The IEC “Unlimited” Apprenticeship curriculum is:
- The BEST training available to “independent” apprentices.
- Currently taught at a state-of-the-art training facility by highly-committed and knowledgeable instructors who are hired annually by the IEC New England Apprenticeship Committee.
- Not subsidized by any state or other funding programs.
- Designed so that students are required to pass a math test and be certified in CPR in order to complete a given year of the program.
- Overseen by an active Apprenticeship Committee that determines policies and procedures.
- Concerned about your progress and advises your employer mid and end-term of your grades and absenteeism.
- A comprehensive four-year program that is reviewed and upgraded annually by the IEC National Apprenticeship & Training Committee.
- Approved nationally by the Office of Apprenticeship and Training (OA) and on the local level by the State Apprenticeship Agency (SAA) in CT. Approval is based on usage of the most up to date National Electrical Code. Our program is currently using the 2017 Handbook for students and instructors.
- Reviewed by the American Council on Education and up to 40 college credits may be awarded to apprentices completing four years of the IEC training curriculum to use towards a four year college program.
- Based on 720 hours of classroom training and 8,000 hours on-the-job training.
- Offered by most of our chapters throughout the country allowing transferable credits.
- Open to students from other schools. Transfer students are welcome.
- If you are currently working for an electrical contractor, encourage your employer to join IEC New England if they are not already a member.
- Tell your employer you prefer to go to the IEC New England training program.
- Call IEC New England to learn who our member contractors are if you are looking for a top notch employer.
- Speak with our current and former students and hear for yourself about our quality program, they’ll tell you…”Training doesn’t get any better than this!”
Let’s get started!