IEC New England is an organization of merit shop electrical, low voltage and solar contractors dedicated to providing industry related education and training, business management, safety materials and training. Our members are dedicated to quality, integrity, and professionalism.
Learn more about IEC New England below or better yet we’ll come to your shop to tell you more about IEC-NE and how becoming a member would be beneficial to you and your company! Click here to email Joanne Errera our Chapter Development Coordinator to request a visit.
Why should you become a member of IEC-NE?
- Shared Manpower Program is facilitated through IEC New England for members who have a need for additional labor or have a short-term surplus of manpower. This provides an opportunity for members to borrow employees from other members, or loan out a surplus of workers to other members when work is high or low. This saves on using temporary agencies, as well as, laying-off workers with the risk of losing them before work picks up.
- Equipment & Tool Sales is for use when Contractor Members have a surplus of and/or a need for equipment and/or tools.
- Service Referral is for use when a Contractor Member has a special need, or customer in need of services, his/her company isn’t equipped with. Assisting an IEC Member with a special service or performing a job received from a fellow IEC Member referral is a win win!
- Job Bank provides a service to members by collecting and distributing basic contact information from apprentices seeking employment.
- Discounts and great rates on education programs, and a variety of goods and services such as trucks, PPE’s vehicle service & rentals, work wear, credit card processing, shipping and much more.
- Committees provide an opportunity for networking, personal growth and making a difference in an area that is important to you such as Membership, Continuing Education, Apprenticeship Training, Professional Development, meetings & Events, and Government Relations.
- Industry Representation. IEC New England represents the interests of the membership to state legislators, government agencies and regulatory bodies such as, OSHA, DOL, DCP and local inspections departments. Additionally, IEC New England keeps the membership informed on new regulations, as well as, performs the training on new laws and regulations when necessary.
- Communications are provided to members regarding new legislation, regulations, products, trends and industry updates to keep member abreast of changes in the industry that can affect their bottom line. This includes newsletters, news alerts and training.
- Business Development. GC’s, consumers and members from other parts of the country regularly contact the IEC New England for referrals of electrical contractors to perform work. The inquiries are sent out to members whom perform the requested type of electrical work. We also represent our members at industry events to promote them within the construction industry.
- Promoting Your Business. IEC New England represents and promotes our membership to owners, GCs, inspectors, and the general public through: trade shows, advertisements and attendance at legislative functions, industry meetings and conferences.
- Industry Information. From average wage rates, to industry trends and information on both technical and business management, IEC New England keeps members informed on what’s happening within the electrical industry. Both electronic newsletters and a magazine are provided to the membership for timely updates.
- Our Safety Program is available through toolbox talks, a comprehensive safety manual, videos and special newsletters to keep you informed and provide you with the tools you need to meet regulations and contract requirements.
- National IEC Benefits. All members are also members of the National IEC and receive benefits from this membership as well. These include national conferences, forums, publications, discount programs, safety and code updates, legislative briefs and a network of over 3,000 electrical contractors nationwide. View National IEC Benefits & IEC Discounts.
Educating & Training is Our Strength
IEC New England’s focus is to enhance the professionalism of electrical contracting companies through education, information and networking opportunities. We offer a variety of services, programs and activities designed to strengthen the contractors’ profitability. Our primary purpose is to provide quality education and training for you, your foremen, fieldworkers, apprentices and office administrators.
Include Networking throughout the year with Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island colleagues and associate members at membership meetings, educational events, committee meetings and National meetings.
Associate benefits are offered annually at a basic membership level, whereby individual sponsorships of association activities may be purchased additionally, or a package of benefits may be purchased at a major savings based upon the membership level as detailed below.